Trail Ride Terms and Directions
By purchasing these rides you agreeing to abide by the Terms, Requirements, and Restrictions set forth below:
-PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY-
A basic riding instruction lesson is given before, and throughout, each trail ride to make your ride a safe and informative experience. The pre-ride instruction is approx. 15 minutes followed by your 1 hour trail ride.
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes early so that we can leave promptly at your ride time. Not arriving before your start time could result in loss of your reservation or a shortened ride.
- Beginners are welcome, however all riders must be a little athletic with a bit of balance and have a sense of adventure to horseback ride.
- Long pants (preferably jeans) are required. Even in the summer! If you only have shorts due to being on vacation we do make exceptions as long as all efforts were taken to acquire long pants.
- The proper footwear required is defined as: a shoe or boot with a smooth sole and prominent heels that fasten securely.
- Helmets are required and provided for all riders. We provide the helmets free of charge. You may also bring your own horseback riding helmet as long as it meets the approval of head trail guide.
- Your credit card has been charged as your deposit to reserve your spot and you are agreeing to be charged for your ride as per the terms listed.
- Weather Policy: If the weather is too severe and considered by Quarter K Ranch unsafe, then we reserve the right to cancel the trail rides for that day. If Quarter K Ranch cancels the rides then customers will either be given an opportunity to reschedule their ride or to be refunded. If Quarter K Ranch does not cancel and the customer does not show up for their ride then no refund shall be given, and it will be considered a “no show”.
- You agree that you will still be charged for a “no show” and bringing fewer people than reserved for. Your reservation is nonrefundable, except for the exclusion in the weather policy and if we need to cancel for circumstances beyond our control (mechanical or equipment failure, or illness etc.). If we need to cancel, we would contact you as soon as possible.
- All riders are required to follow the instructions from the trail guides. Failure to do so may result in losing their riding privilege and having to walk the remainder of the ride. No refunds will be given in this event.
- It is your responsibility to arrive on time.
Also, if you enjoy your ride, remember to bring some
cash to tip your guide.
- Minimum age to ride is 13 years old.
weight limit for riders is 250 lbs.
(We may ask you to step onto a scale)
- Anyone recently consuming Alcohol
- Pregnant women
- Unfortunately the trail rides are not set up to accommodate those with special needs or those with disabilities that would interfere with balance or ability to control the horse on their own.
804 South Oaks Rd
Bath, Pa 18014
Quarter K Ranch, Bethlehem Carriage Company Waiver and Liability Release Agreement
Please read carefully before signing.
The terms I, me, we, us shall herein refer to participants, staff, employees, independent contractors, parents, volunteers, and the parents or legal guardians thereof of a minor, and their personal representatives or signs, and their errors or signs, and themselves.
Serious injury may result from your and your child's/children's participation in this activity. Quarter K Ranch, Bethlehem Carriage Company, Korie Kalavoda, Thomas and Kathleen Kalavoda, it's principles, directors, officers, agents, staff, employees, independent contractors, parents, and volunteers here and after known as Quarter K Ranch, does not guarantee your or your and your child's/children's safety.
Activities, shall herein referred to but are not limited to: any adventure, activity or training associated with horseback riding and lessons on private and public promises, horse-drawn vehicle rides on private and public premises, horse handling, being around horses from the ground, being near horses, swimming, games, sports, arts, crafts, walking, climbing, swimming/playing on swingset and tire swing, playing, hiking, off premises water hiking and nature hikes, being transported in a vehicle to and from off property location(s), the use of any equipment, interacting with live animals, involvement in eating, and all conditions associated with the activities scheduled an associated with Quarter K Ranch.
I acknowledge and accept that there are significant elements of risk in all of the Quarter K Ranch activities.
I understand that: Horseback riding and horse drawn vehicle rides are classified as rugged and adventure recreational sport activities, and that there are numerous obvious and non-obvious inherent risk that always present themselves in such activity despite all safety precautions. I further understand that the participant may be participating in a wilderness experience and that the meaning of this term is defined, though not limited to, as follows: The pursuit of adventure type activity in a wild, rugged, and uncultivated area or region, as a forest and or hills and or mountains and or plains and or wetlands and or any place and it's surroundings, which would likely be uninhibited by people and inhibited by wild animals of many types and species to include, but not limited to, mammals, reptiles, fish, insects, and plants, which are not team, maybe savage and unpredictable in nature and also wondering at their will.
I understand that: Quarter K Ranch chooses its horses for their dispositions and sound basic training as is required for use as riding and driving horses for novice and beginner riders and drivers. Yet no horse is a completely safe horse. If a horse is frightened or provoked it may divert from its training and act according to its natural survival instinct which may include, but are not limited to: stopping short, bolting, spooking, changing directions at speed at will, shifting its weight, rearing, bucking, kicking, biting, rolling, or running from danger.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activities affiliated with the Quarter K Ranch, I hereby knowledge the risk of injury or damage (to property, personal injury and/or death) involved in participating in the activities of Quarter K Ranch. I further understand that horses and live animals by nature can be unpredictable and that there is inherent danger in the riding of, driving of, and interacting with these animals that we voluntarily assume because the minor and I assume to do so. I do further agree that I shall bring no claims, demands, actions and causes of action, and or a litigation, death, property damage, sustained us in relation to the premises and operations of Quarter K Ranch which include but is not limited to all activities and horses owned or in the care, custody and control of Quarter K Ranch, whether on or off premises of Quarter K Ranch.
I also hereby expressly waived any claim, lawsuit, cqomplaint, charge, or cause of action against Quarter K Ranch for any and all injury or damage, to me/us as a result of my/our participation in the Quarter K Ranch programs and activities for which this waiver and release agreement is given.
I also hereby expressly agreed to indemnify and hold harmless Quarter K Ranch including costs, expenses and counsel fees, from and against all claims, losses, complaints, charges or causes of action arising from the participation in the Quarter K Ranch programs and activities for which this waiver and release agreement is given.
I further knowledge that should I pursue any litigation against Quarter K Ranch that no matter whether I am successful or unsuccessful in the lawsuit I am responsible for any and all litigation costs and attorney fees for Quarter K Ranch.
I agreed to allow myself/child/children to participate in Quarter K Ranch programs and the activities for which this waiver and release agreement is given.
I agree that: should emergency or nonemergency medical treatment be required, I understand it is my own responsibility to pay for the same.
I hereby understand and acknowledge of that under the Pennsylvania equine liability law that I assume the risk of equine activities pursuant to Pennsylvania law. I further understand that equines can be unpredictable as they are animals.
I understand and agree that no refunds will be given. As per the terms for the activity participating in.
I give permission for the applicant(s) to participate in all activities as they pertain to their program. I authorize Quarter K Ranch to hereby use any pictures for promotional use.
I understand that all activities are subject to change and maybe substituted with a substitution activity of similar value.
I approve this agreement and agree to the terms stated herin. I also understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, am aware of its legal consequences, and have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducement. As self or legal guardian with legal responsibility for self/this/these participant(s), I knowledge that I am signing this document and agreed to be specifically bound to all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Name:_____________________________ Signature:_______________________________ Date:_______
signature of legal mother/legal guardian:_________________________________________ Date:__________
signature of legal mother/legal guardian:__________________________________________ Date:_________